겁과 서커스 허브
circus_banner_by_zhange000-dc0jnc3.png

Banner Art by Zhange

D%26CTent1.png

~ 허먼 풀러의 불온한 서커스 ~

~ Herman Fuller's Circus of the Disquieting ~


통재라. 우리의 고명한 창업주이자 이름 그 자체인 분이 이제 우리 곁에 없네. 어디로 사라지신 건지 아는 이도 하나 없네.

광대들 왈, 자기 삶이 잘못되었음을 문득 깨닫고, 그 과오를 씻기 위해 만나 자선재단을 따라 선교여행을 간 게야.

직원들 왈, 드디어 건드려서는 안 되는 짐승을 길들이려 했다가 어딘가 갈색 풀 자라는 곳에 비료가 되신 게야.

얼굴이 거꾸로 뒤집힌 남자 왈, 속이 다 시원하다.

진상이 무엇이건 간에, 허먼 풀러가 사라졌다는 것은 확실하며, 그 상실을 애도할 사람이 어딘가에 누군가는 있겠지.

하지만 쇼는 계속되어야 한다.

숙녀 신사 여러분, 아동 제위 여러분. 허먼 풀러의 불온한 서커스가 우리의 새로운 진행자를 소개시켜 드리겠습니다. 다른 이들처럼 그녀 역시 시작은 도망자에 불과했으나, 순전한 재능과 투자로써 마술사로, 광대로, 극단장으로, 차례차례 계단을 기어올라와 이제는 곡마단장이 되었으니! 아름답고, 믿을 수 없는, 마술의 이키를 소개합니다!

Icky25%25.jpg

우리와 함께 불가능을 뚫고 혼이 나갈 것 같은 여행을 떠나 봅시다. 음모로써 숨겨진 마술의 경이와 힘을 슬쩍 엿보고 옵시다. 보이지 않는 세계의 충격과 공포를 경험해 봅시다.

어서 옵쇼, 겁과 서커스(Dread & Circuses)에!



서막

D%26CTent1.png
  1. 허먼 풀러는 자기 엉덩이에나 쳐 넣으라지 ~ "You're going to want to insert it rectally."
  2. 리차드 C. 노머스 교수와 함께하는 광대사육 101 ~ "My Grampie once turned a kid inside out, I shit you not."
  3. 이키 & 이카보드 ~ "This was going to be a problem; if the Strike Team couldn’t take a Type Green out by surprise, their contingency was overwhelming firepower." NEW!
  4. upside-down-cake ~ "I can’t tell you how much pleasure it gives me to finally see your face the right way up after all these years."
  5. a-real-humdinger ~ “Tom, if I didn’t know better I’d swear that someone up there has it out for me.”


Clowns.jpg

표제

D%26CTent1.png

제I막
  1. 과거의 자산 ~ "You're not afraid of clowns, are you?"
  2. Fuller Than Full! ~ "He let out one final scream, and then popped like a balloon."
  3. fuller-s-fantastic-fun-lover-s-funhouse ~ “Fun-lovers? That’s what you call those… milking creatures, right?”
  4. your-call-is-important-to-us ~ “OH GOD, IT’S NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! EVERYBODY PANIC!”
  5. she-remembered-me ~ "Sing once again with me, our strange duet."
  6. freaky-commodities-ii-freak-harder ~ "I…may have left a Sarkist and a Mekhanite together in the same room.”
  7. there-are-no-strings-on-me ~ “Are you out of your mind? Do you know who you’ve got? Icky will send the whole Circus after you to get her back!”
Star75.png

제I막간

so-they-called-him-darke ~ "He immersed himself in the Darkness, sustained himself on the Darkness, empowered himself with the Darkness."

Star75.png

제II막

  1. a-scip-or-a-star ~ "Coarse, irritating, gets everywhere."
  2. dark-and-disquieting ~ "Lolly didn’t respond immediately, being transfixed by the sight of a bird wizard battling self-cannibalizing ethereal snakes."
  3. city-of-wonder ~ “Lesbians are family friendly now. There’s like a whole show on Cartoon Network about space lesbians. It’s awesome.”
  4. the-sea-slug-and-the-showman ~ "He stood in the spotlight, proud as can be in his top hat and red-tailed coat, the most preposterously verbose and verbosely preposterous poppycock rolling off his tongue as he presented each new marvel."
  5. freaks-friends-and-fiends ~ “Not even the weirdest part of my day.”
  6. let-s-get-this-show-on-the-road ~ "Can I get a Frapaccthulhu? Extra whipped cream, extra drizzle, extra existential horror? I can handle it, I'm a Clown." By RecursiveRecursionRecursiveRecursion !
  7. a-circus-come-to-not ~ "Eat Lemon Meringue you son of a bitch!”
Star75.png

제II막간

undead-insane-and-fully-loaded ~ "Trust me, you want weapons that put the fear of the Big Boss into your enemies' hearts. You want them to go 'oh my god we're all going to die' because they are and it's common courtesy to let them know that."

Star75.png

제III막

  1. a-vale-of-tears ~ “In the words of another interdimensional traveller, ‘don’t think about it’.”
  2. my-hovercraft-is-full-of-eels ~ "Ill-advised, you say? Duly noted."
  3. 오, 난 플레이키-오즈 신경 안 써 ~ "최근 광대젖을 극저온 살균하기 시작했는데, 넘치는 젖을 어떻게 처리해야 할지 감도 안 잡히더군요."
  4. the-apple-doesn-t-fall-far ~ "I didn't think it'd be a rabid monster though! And it doesn't even have arms!" By Ellie3Ellie3 !
  5. more-of-fuller-s-crap ~ “We call it punditry; measuring how full of crap it is.”
  6. dread-circuses-jumps-the-shark ~ "Enough chit chat. We've got sharks to punch."
  7. not-my-circus-not-my-monkeys ~"Nobody turns one of my friends into a clownfish and gets away with it!"
Star75.png

제III막간

how-is-your-name ~ "Dr. Isabel Helga Anastasia Parvati Wondertainment V smiled the biggest smile since she had invented thaumo-nuclear Heelys two days prior."

Star75.png

제IV막

  1. a-little-lollipop ~ "COMMUNISM IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF DOCTOR WONDERTAINMENT!"

특별 구경거리

D%26CTent1.png

0. The Warrior And The… Clown? ~ "Happy April Fools Mister!"
0 & 1/2. A Fool & His Money ~ “Lolly, please, I’m begging you. You and the rest of the Circus need to stay out of Harrowick County.”

It's A Wonder™ful Life

  1. and-i-m-the-star ~ "I'm a motivated worker, most of the time, and I don't mind getting my hands dirty. Anymore, anyways." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
  2. back-in-habit ~ "If this thing is clean enough to preserve eyes in it, it's clean enough to hold water. C'mon, drink up." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
  3. pepper-s-lament ~ "Herman Fuller conceded after some hour or something of robot pursuit." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
  4. souls-somas ~ "If only Ted hadn't eaten all the coffee grounds. They'd have to stock back up at their next location — and apply some stricter rules to the 'community goods'." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
  5. deceptive-cadence ~ "Well, let's look on the bright side. I probably deserve this." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
Star75.png

Halloween Spectacular: Fuller & The Factory Funtime Facility

  1. Act I, industrial-arts ~ "May the Broken God have mercy on our souls, for Herman Fuller and Co are going to The Factory Funtime Facility!"
  2. Act II, industrial-espionage-hf ~ "A Hard Worker Is A Happy Worker."
  3. Act III, industrial-sabotage ~ “I’m afraid there’s a small flaw in your evil scheme there Al; your park stinks.”
  4. Act IV, industrial-accidents ~ “Now it’s your turn to see what’s behind my face.”
Star75.png

About Our Founder

  1. the-den-of-disquiet ~ "For a long moment Herman stood, gaping, a ridiculous grin spreading across his face." By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  2. the-preacher-s-apprentice-part-1 ~ "The only proper response to an impossible situation was to improvise." By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  3. revival-tent-blitz ~ "That's not Nälkä. That's civilization." By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  4. a-blessed-day ~ "If this is Adytum's Wake, when is Adytum's funeral?" By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  5. the-boy-who-cried-wolf ~ "The Karcists began to grow, carving themselves into weapons." By mayoculpamayoculpa !
  6. curtain-call ~ "Alright, listen here, hotshot. Do you wanna be that pebble that Chris says you are? Or do you wanna be a rock? 'Cause the thing is, you have one last chance." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !
Star75.png

Dumbass Lesbian Clowns

  1. the-grand-delusion ~ "I can’t be held accountable for his actions! I already need to be held accountable for all of my own, and let me tell you, that’s a lot of actions." By HellylessaHellylessa !
  2. a-fractured-curtain ~ "Whoa, whoa, wait a minute now. You gonna let that pineapple upside-down cake bully you into skedaddling?" By HellylessaHellylessa !
  3. pity-party ~ "What spell hath been cast! What evils betray thine colorful threads!" By HellylessaHellylessa !

놀이기구와 여러가지!

D%26CTent1.png

여흥 촌극

  1. Saccharina Sweet's Sensationally Sublime Sugar Babies! ~ "They love alliteration at the Circus."
    100897e5-fab6-43f2-aa8b-de17a65abd53.jpg
  2. Lil' Lollipop's Little Lollipops! ~ "There's a sucker born every minute."
  3. 믿지 못할 만큼 무시무시한 메카닉 마리오네트 마티네! ~ "내가 풀려난다면, 난 필사적으로 놈들을 내 명랑한 명랑한 마리오네트로 만들테다!"
  4. 아빠의 조숙하고 도발적인 절여진 불량아들! ~ "생각으로 조종할 수 있고 핵융합으로 돌아가는 기계-슈트도 합리적인 걸로 쳐주는 거야?"
  5. The Menagerie of Mayhem's Mind-bending Mewling Monstrosities! ~ "I only got scratched… twenty-something times? And that was when they liked me." By RecursiveRecursionRecursiveRecursion !
  6. The Sumerian Sorcerer's Sadistically Satanic Saddle! ~ "In its active state, living horses (Equus caballus) react with panic upon becoming aware of SCP-3886's presence." By Ember16Ember16 !
  7. Our Extraordinary, Exasperating, X-rated Escapist! ~ "How dare you tie up Foundation resources just to satisfy your own bondage fetish!"
  8. The Eloquent, Elegant, Elementary Elephant Man! ~ "Why, he barely looks like an elephant at all! I can do better than that!"
  9. The Buoyantly Bodacious Bouquet of Bouncing Balloons! ~ "At this point, SCP-4743 extended a large pseudopod behind D-5809 and produced a static discharge of sufficient voltage to disarm him."
  10. Frau Harlekina's Funny and Hilarious Fantastic Hide-Show! ~ "The 'fun level' mentioned in the document is the value of all persons directly under SCP-122-DE's influence."
Star75.png

홍보 자료

  1. 허먼 풀러 제공: 마술 광대 이키 ~ "대신 난 어렸을 때, 두려움이 날 멈추게 하는 대신 나 자신이 되기로 결심했다."
  2. the-amazing-zoltan ~ "Anyway, he comes into the shop wanting us to make him a philosopher's stone out of molasses."
  3. the-skeleton-dance ~ "For as long as the preternatural performing arts have existed, men have reanimated the dead for entertainment." By PeppersGhostPeppersGhost !
  4. nixie-the-nereid ~ "My sisters and I are Mermaids. Not nereids, not sirens, not sea nymphs; Mermaids!"
  5. 허먼 풀러 제공: 공포의 베헤모스 ~ "내가 그 날 거기에 있었던 것은 순전한 우연이었다. 나는 그 날 내 비단모자의 용량을 늘리는 문제로 남성복점에 예약이 잡혀 있었다. 참으로 행운이었지!"
  6. maya-the-magnificent ~ "There she was, in all her glory: Head stuck in a trash can." By SecretCrowSecretCrow !
  7. the-indestructible-man ~ "Talk about the worst kind of living forever."
  8. herman-fuller-presents-eucestodiel ~ "Before I get to the finale, I would like to stress that neither Fuller nor Eucestodiel gave us any warning of what would follow." by UraniumEmpireUraniumEmpire!
Star75.png

협찬 제공자

마셜, 카터 & 다크

  • 모든 반짝이는 것 ~ “Carter, I am not manipulating the global economy to drive McDonald's out of business just because they share our initials."

원더테인먼트 박사

  • 이 얼마나 원더풀월드! ~ "My suitcase was at my feet because I didn't trust leaving it alone; if anyone were to see my stuffies, watercolors, and risperdal I'd feel terribly judged." By DarkStuffDarkStuff !

어처구니 바자회

  • Utter Depravity ~ "The catacombs were a perfect abode for a noble such as himself; vast, ostentatious, dark, and amply stocked with the preserved remains of peasants to feast upon."

방랑자의 도서관

  • 괴수의 바다 ~ “현재까지 괴수들의 교미가 관찰된 사례는 없다.”
  • 무명대부들의 대흑구 ~ “대흑구의 위험성은 순전히 그 주인의 기질에 따라 결정되는 것이라 하겠다.”
  • 광대의 성읍 ~ “또한 "광대"들은 용납되지 않는 행동이 튀어나오는 것을 통제하기 위해 ‘광대충동억제제’라는 약물에 강하게 의존하고 있으며, 그 덕분에 통제를 성공하는 정도는 또 저마다 다르다.”


“세상 사람들은 모두 광대를 좋아하지.” ~ 콜 포터Cole Porter

내가 이 연작을 시작한 주된 이유는 페퍼스 고스트(PeppersGhost)가 시작한 걸 마무리짓기 위함이다. 페퍼스 고스트는 SCP-2094에서 여자 곡마단장을 슬쩍 언급했다. 무언가 설정을 더 붙일 의도가 분명했지만, 그 뒤에 더 나오는 서사는 없었다. 페퍼스 고스트는 허먼 풀러를 가지고 이야기하려는 어떤 큰 그림을 가지고 있었지만, 결국 그 그림은 완성되지 못한 채 방치되었다. 개인 전자우편을 통해 페퍼스 고스트가 내게 허먼 풀러 서커스에 대한 큰 그림을 알려줬고, 그의 계속되는 뽐뿌에 내가 직접 내 능력으로써 이것을 마무리짓자고 마음먹기에 이르렀다.

왜 이 짓을 하냐고? 뭐, 나는 허먼 풀러 서커스를 특히 좋아한다. 어떤 의미에서 이 서커스는 재단의 완전 정반대에 위치하기 때문이다. 변칙성을 최초로 발견한 관리관은 그것을 어딘가에 넣고 잠가서 영원히 비밀로 만들려고 했다. 허먼 풀러는 반대로 천막을 치고 입장료를 받기로 했다. 변칙존재에 대한 내 이념은 사실 재단보다는 뱀의 손 쪽에 가깝다. 변칙적인 것이 모두 위험한 것은 아니고, 모든 변칙성을 모조리 가둬 놓는다는 재단의 정책은 비도덕적일 뿐 아니라 인류에게 해롭다. 내가 가장 좋아하는 SCP 중 하나는 8900-EX인데, 현상황을 바꾸는 것이 좋을 때마저도 현상황을 보존하려고 하는 재단의 성격을 잘 보여주기 때문이다. 서커스는 기본적으로 사람들이 마술을 구경하러 오는 곳이며, 변칙인간들은 격리되어 있는 것보다는 차라리 여기에서 자유를 누릴 수 있다.

또한 나는 초기 재단에 도타운 애정을 가지고 있다. 정신 나간 고위직원, 미친 교차실험 등등. 허먼 풀러 서커스는 내게 이제 다른 곳에서는 용납되지 않게 된 그것을 다시 해 볼 좋은 장소다.

나는 페퍼스 고스트가 시작한 이야기를 최선을 다해 계속해나갈 것이며, 언젠가 허먼 풀러의 불온한 서커스의 이야기가 완전히 드러나는 날이 올 것이다.


🈲: SCP 재단의 모든 컨텐츠는 15세 미만의 어린이 혹은 청소년이 시청하기에 부적절합니다.
따로 명시하지 않는 한 이 사이트의 모든 콘텐츠는 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-동일조건변경허락 3.0 라이선스를 따릅니다.